November 13, 2013

Should My Dog Be A Part Of My Wedding?

If you ask me, my answer will always be YES. But not on the wedding day itself. If I could re-do our engagements and bridals, we would've had our kiddo (since we only had one at the time) in the photos. As for a wedding day, I would say, leave Buddy at home. Wedding days, as amazing and life-changing as they are, can get pretty darn chaotic and the last thing you want to be worrying about is the safety of your pet. I have been a part of weddings where the dog was the ring bearer, so I think it really depends on the location, venue, and especially the dog's attitude and personality. With that being said, I highly recommend bringing them to your engagements and/or bridal session. They don't need to be in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO, but by having them in some of the photos, it makes your session truly unique. And trust me, even if they're a hand full, down the road you'll treasure the fact that you brought them along. The only things I recommend bringing, aside from the pup(s), is someone else to watch/wrangle/play with them while we're shooting the rest of the session. Treats are also a fab way to keep them entertained and behaving.


I'm the biggest dog/animal person you'd ever meet. The hubby and I are the people who call their dogs their kids, feed them some of the best organic raw meats available (stella and chewy's) and cook free range turkey and organic fruits and veggies for snacks. YES, we're those people, and proud of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment